- that individuals, families and communities have the potential to change, grow and take responsibility for themselves
- that family life strengthen when it is supported through communication
- that healthy family life promotes community well-being
- in diverse types of family life - all families are affirmed
Through our Family and Counselling Project that exists as a fully developed business unit of FAMSA Pretoria and operates under an executive committee comprising community representatives, a director, an accountant, seven social workers, four auxiliary workers, two administrative personnel and four volunteers.
This project aims to:
- Keep families together and safe
- Provide support mechanisms to families in order to be well-functioning and self-reliant
- Keep families as the primary caregivers of family members
- Improve the well-being of family members within their families and communities
- Work with families at risk to prevent the removal of family members from the home
- Support the strengths of families and improve the functioning of families so that the behavior that led to any crisis is less likely to occur
- Reunite families and family members who have been removed at some point
The Services that FAMSA delivers to achieve the project aims are based on two key objectives:
To provide services to children, youth and adults on an individual level and in relationships. These services are delivered through screening, assessment, counselling, therapy, play-therapy techniques, mediation, information sessions and referrals.
Utilizing these techniques, we are able to provide:
- Short and long term counselling
- Relationship and marriage counselling
- Play-therapy techniques for traumatized children
- Marriage preparation and enrichment programs
- Individual therapy - depression, personal growth
- Family counselling
- Divorce counselling
- Divorce mediation
- Grief counselling
- Employment Assistance programmes
- Wellness programmes
- Trauma debriefing
- Parenting skills
- Child and parent attachment sessions
- Anger management
- Counselling for domestic violence victims
- Educational talks with the community
- Preventative services for family stability
- Advocacy to strengthen families
- Life Coaching
The second objective in turn supports the first through the provision of training services to all counsellors who deliver these services. In doing this, we are able to provide a specialized and professional service to families.
All the funds in this project help us to fund our community development projects.
PLEASE PHONE OR EMAIL US TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
The following is our fee increase from the 1st MAY 2023
Individual counselling - R380 per hour
Couples/Marriage counselling - R400 per hour
Family counselling - R600 for 90 minutes (R520 for 60 minutes)
Mediation session - R1100 for 90 minutes
Parenting Skills Programme - R 3150 (R350 for 9 sessions -1 hour)
- Information Session - R 100 for 30 minutes
- Questionnaire - R 360 (Couple to pay online)
- Feedback session (3-4) - R 380 for each session
- Total fee R1980
Individual counselling - R460 per hour
Couples/Marriage counselling - R490 per hour
Family counselling - R630 per hour
FAMSA NEW SERVICES:
BUSINESS AND LIFE COACHING
Life Coach sessions
Life coaching @ FAMSA R530 per 1 hour session
I'm Leandré, a passionate life coach with a practical approach to negotiating relationships and parenting in a fast pace society.
Whether you are raising kids, managing family life or building personal relationships, communication is a key skill that I believe has the ability to not only unpack and simplify challenges but also to facilitate understanding and coping.
Whether you need slight guidance to reach a goal or more serious coaching in your life or relationships, I will be happy to assist.
Contact FAMSA life coaching for :
Single parent support
Relationships Co parenting conflict
Goal setting and career related development
Parent education training
FAMSA also presents a structured course "The resilient child".
Contact us for more information.
065 242 2553
*If you want to claim the fees back from your MEDICAL AID, please contact your medical aid and find out if they cover counselling service fees.
If your medical aid covers counselling service fees, you stil pay FAMSA . We will give you an invoice and you can claim it back from your medical aid.*